The Commonwealth Assistance Notice (CAN) explained
What is a Commonwealth Assistance Notice (CAN)?
After the census date, the University will send you a Commonwealth Assistance Notice (CAN) via your studentConnect account. The CAN includes important information that you should check carefully. If you think your CAN is incorrect, you have 14 days from the date of the CAN to advise the University in writing asking for the CAN to be corrected.
For Commonwealth Supported students the CAN will include:
- Your student contribution amounts
- Any up front payments you have made, and
- Any discounts you have received.
- Your Student Learning Entitlement (SLE) consumption (abolished as at 1 January 2012)
For student accessing FEE-HELP loan the CAN will include:
- Your FEE-HELP debt for the unit
- Any loan fee you may have incurred
CANs are issued electronically and you can access your most recent notice on studentConnect. You will also be notified via email. Notices that pertain to other fee periods can also be printed from your studentConnect.