What to do with an INVALID unit

Why do I have an INVALID unit, how do I fix it?

If any of your units have an INVALID status when you enrol on studentConnect, it may be because:

  • you have not fulfilled the prerequisites required to study the unit;
  • you are not permitted to take the unit in your current course;
  • your qualifications are not recorded on studentConnect; or
  • there is a quota (limited number of places) for the unit. 

If you want to enrol in the unit:
If you have an INVALID unit you should still attend lectures, laboratory, tutorial and other classes until you have received advice from your Faculty Student Office. INVALID units are normally followed up automatically by your Faculty and you will be contacted (via your student email account) and advised whether you can continue with the unit, or if you need to choose a different unit.*

Law students should contact the Faculty of Law directly to request that INVALID unit/s be waived. You will be advised whether you can continue your enrolment in the unit.

If you have an INVALID unit on your record can still register for classes via the Class Allocation System (CAS).

If you do not want to enrol in the unit:
If you have an INVALID unit and you wish to remove it from your enrolment, you can delete the unit yourself  via studentConnect.

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.