Unable to enrol

Why can't I enrol?

There are a number of reasons you may not be able to enrol, these include:

  • An outstanding debt to the University, or encumbrance, is the most common reason for not being able to enrol. Information on how to pay your encumbrance can be found on studentConnect
    If the unpaid debt is a library fine you will need to contact either the Reid, Barry Marshall (Science) or Medical and Dental Library to have this encumbrance lifted.
  • Units not available for online enrolment; there are some units where online enrolment is not possible. Add any other units you can to your enrolment and then request a "Change of Enrolment Form" via "Email Us". We can then assist by manually adding the unit to your enrolment.
  • You have been discontinued from your course; if you have not been active in your course and wish to return to study, then you will need to apply again for admission. Please contact Admissions.
  • Have you completed your course? If you have met the requirements for your degree and the maximum number of points reached, then you will not be able to add more units to your record. If you need additional units for a specific reason (for example accreditation purposes), then contact your Faculty Student Office who can authorise your enrolment.

If none of these apply to you and you are still having issues with your enrolment, contact Student Administration and we will look into it further for you.

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.