Return of bond if paid to another student

I paid my bond to another student. Can I get the bond back?

If the student who you paid your bond money to is the lease holder, they may agree that you can get back your share of the bond money after you vacate the property. You should always get a receipt for any bond money paid.

If you want your bond back because you want to leave before the lease expires, then you may need to look for someone to take over your room and pay you the bond money.

If you paid your bond money to someone who does not live at the property or no longer has their name on the lease, you may have difficulty getting your bond money back unless you are still in contact with them.

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.