Qualifying for a UWA student loan
Do I qualify for a UWA student loan?
If you meet the following eligibility criteria you may qualify for a UWA Student Loan:
- You are currently enrolled as a full-time student at UWA
- You have been enrolled as a full time student for at least one full semester in the last 12 months and completed at least 18 credit points
- You are not in your final semester of study at UWA
- You can prove you are in genuine financial hardship and you can demonstrate that a loan is essential for you to continue your current course at UWA
- You can demonstrate that you have the capability to complete your current course successfully. This means your academic record is a factor in the assessment of your loan application
- You receive a low annual income, with no investments or substantial assets
- You have exhausted all other avenues of financial aid
If you have other possible sources of income such as assets, fixed term deposits, loans from family members, etc., you should investigate these avenues before you apply.
Note: Loans will not be issued for pre-existing debts, fines, house or property improvements and other expenses not directly related to essential course-related endeavours. Loans will not be issued to pay University fees.
The UWA Guild can also provide loans to Guild members.
For more information about Student Loan Schemes visit the Financial Aid website.