Applying for a UWA student loan if you are an Australian student studying overseas

I am overseas; can I apply for a UWA student loan?

UWA Student Loans are available if you are not eligible to receive an OS-HELP loan.

If you are an Australian student studying overseas on an exchange programme or similar, you can apply for financial assistance while already at your overseas destination, providing you meet the eligibility criteria for whichever loan you are applying for. In order to process your application, the Financial Aid Officer must have your original, signed, loan application form and loan documents (electronic copies are not acceptable), this means the process may take longer than the usual 3-weeks due to international mail handling.

Funds are usually deposited electronically into your nominated bank account.

Also visit OS-HELP student loans to read about financial assistance provided to eligible students, who are not in their first year or final semester of study, wishing to undertake part of their study overseas.

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.