Receipt of your transcript from your host university following student exchange

When will I receive my transcript from my host university following my student exchange?

Your academic transcript from your host institution will be mailed directly to the Global Learning Office at UWA. Transfer of credit cannot be processed until an official copy of your transcript is received by this office.

The grades you receive at your host university will not be translated into UWA grades. You will receive an Ungraded Pass (UP) or an Ungraded Fail (UF) for all the units that you enrol. However, the results of your overseas study (the units, grades and university where you studied) will show in the comments section on your UWA Academic Transcript.

Students who studied at Simon Fraser University, University of Bergen, The University of Vermont and The University of Washington will need to order their transcripts and bring these to the Global Learning Office. Alternatively you can arrange for these to be mailed directly to the Global Learning Office. Students at German institutions may be in the old 'Schien' system and will need to collect them and bring them all back to UWA.

Make sure you have paid all your bills (even the small ones – like library fines!), otherwise you won't receive your host university academic transcript and its amazing how university systems work so efficiently in this regard, remembering all those small bills you had forgotten.

Exchange Students who are on exchange in their final semester are unable apply to graduate in the ceremony immediately after their exchange period. This is due to the graduation deadlines, together with the delay in receiving academic transcripts from the host university, and the time taken to process your credit which is assessed by your faculty and then processed by Student Administration.

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.