Overloading studies in Science

Can I enrol in more than 24 points in one semester in my science course?

If you are an undergraduate student allocated to the Science Student Office (SSO) you need to submit a Special Approval form to apply to enrol in more than 24 points per semester. The completed form can be submitted in person to the SSO or via "Email Us".

An overload is normally only approved if you have achieved an average mark of 65% in the units attempted in the preceding semester with a full time study load of 24 points (4 units). You should not have failed any units in the preceding semester and you will also need to present a case or grounds to support your request. The final decision on requests to overload in a particular semester will be determined once the results of the preceding semester are released.

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.