The Commonwealth Assistance Notice (CAN) explained
What is an electronic Commonwealth Assistance Notice (eCAN)?
After the census date, the University will send you an electronic Commonwealth Assistance Notice (eCAN) via your studentConnect account. The eCAN includes important information that you should check carefully. If you think your eCAN is incorrect, you have 14 days from the date your eCAN was issued to advise the fees team via Email Us.
For Commonwealth Supported students the eCAN will include:
- Your student contribution amounts
- Any up front payments you have made, and
- Any discounts you have received.
- Your Student Learning Entitlement (SLE) consumption (abolished as at 1 January 2012)
For student accessing FEE-HELP loan the eCAN will include:
- Your FEE-HELP debt for the unit
- Any loan fee you may have incurred
eCANs are issued electronically and you can access your most recent notice on studentConnect. You will also be notified via email. Notices that pertain to other fee periods can also be printed from your studentConnect.