Satisfying your broadening requirements while studying overseas

Will studying overseas satisfy my broadening requirements?

Category A broadening units come from a pre-determined list and have as their main focus some aspect of the globalised and culturally diverse environment. This may include units studied as part of the UWA Exchange Program provided they are not within your degree-specific major area of knowledge.

Category A broadening units are defined by the area of knowledge pertaining to a degree-specific major, not by the degree. You can count up to two Category A broadening units offered in your degree-specific major's area of knowledge as broadening units. You are encouraged to consult your Student Advising Office for definitive individual advice.

You may also choose to enrol in units that will satisfy Category B broadening requirements, provided your course permits this. Be sure to consider this when putting together your study plans.

Was this answer helpful?