Invalid unit status when enrolling in Chinese Language units
Why does INVALID appear when I enrol in a Chinese Language unit?
STUDENTS LEARNING CHINESE
Students enrolling in any of the following Chinese language units will have an INVALID unit status:
You are required to sit a Placement Test during S1 Orientation week to determine which unit is suitable for your language skill level. You must sit the placement test even if you are a complete beginner. An email will be sent to your UWA student email account with details of the date, time and venue of the placement test.
NATIVE CHINESE SPEAKERS
Students who are native Chinese speakers can enrol in the following units:
- CHIN3409 Chinese 9
- CHIN3410 Chinese 10
- CHIN2003 Translation for Beginners: English to Chinese
- CHIN2004 Translation for Beginners: Chinese to English
If you have an INVALID please contact your Student Advising Office directly to let them know you are a native speaker.
Students enrolling in CHIN1401 Chinese 1 over the Summer need to:
- Email the Unit Coordinator, Dr Liyong Wang before the University shutdown period (12 noon, Friday 21 December 2018) to setup a Placement Test
- Be aware there is a written component and (where determined as necessary) an interview component. The interview component of the Placement Test will likely occur in Week 1 of the unit (January 7 - 14)
- Enrol in CHIN1401 and leave the status INVALID (which will be updated after you complete your Placement Test)