Transferring to a different course at UWA

How do I transfer to a different course?

Answer ID 198 | Last updated on 06/09/2022 11.29 AM

You can apply to transfer from one undergraduate bachelors course to another as long as you have not yet met the requirements of your current course.

To apply:

  1. Log on to studentConnect during either of the two annual application periods. Dates are published on our Enrolments website under 'How to transfer to a new course' and 'I'm a Bachelor's Degree Student'. 

  2. On studentConnect select 'Apply for a course' under the 'My useful links' menu on the right. This will take you to the UWA Application portal. 

  3. Select the 'Login' button on the top right and logon with your UWA student ID number and Pheme password.

  4. Select 'New Application'.

  5. Select 'Transfer' under 'Applicant Type'. 

  6. Fill out the remaining information and submit your application. You should receive a confirmation message, advising your application was successfully submitted.

If you experience difficulty submitting your application:
  • Make sure that you are not using a personal email account to logon.
  • Try ‘clearing the cache’ of your internet browser. For example, these are the instructions for Google Chrome.

More information about undergraduate transfers (including application dates and processing times) is available on the Current Students website, by scrolling down to 'How to transfer to a new course' and then selecting 'I'm a Bachelor's Degree Student'.

Remember to apply by the deadlines to avoid the $100 late application fee.

There is normally no transfer process for postgraduate courses. To change postgraduate courses submit an application for your new course via the Future Students website.

For advice on changing your course, contact your Student Advising Office.

Was this answer helpful?