Activating a UWA research email alias
Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students undertaking any of the following studies are eligible to activate a UWA research email alias.
- Professional Doctorate
- Masters by Thesis
- Masters by Thesis and Coursework
The format of the UWA research email alias is firstname.lastname@example.org. You will still retain your existing student email account. Email addressed to the UWA research email alias will simply be delivered to your existing student email account.
To activate your UWA research email alias if you are a new UWA student and have not activated your Pheme account:
- Go to Pheme and follow the prompts to activate your Pheme account.
- During the activation process you will be asked if you wish to activate your HDR email alias. You can elect to activate your HDR email alias at a later time by selecting "No, I don't want to use HDR Email Address".
To activate your UWA research email alias if you are an existing UWA student with a current Pheme account:
- Login to Pheme.
- Select "Change email address" under the "Email and Calendaring" section on the left of the page.
- If your given and preferred name differ you will need to choose which you wish to appear in your HDR email address.
- Select "Yes, I want to use HDR Email Address".
- Enter your Pheme password in the "Current Pheme Password" field and select "Submit".
- Your contact details will now be updated and your default email address in Student Email will be set as your HDR email address.
Note: Once your UWA research email alias is activated in Pheme it can take up to 24 hours before the new alias is available in Student Email and email can be received when sent to the new alias.
For assistance with your UWA research email address or using Student Email, please contact the University Library.