Accessing the Institutional Research Data Store (IRDS)

How do I request and then access an IRDS store?

Answer ID 2167 | Last updated on 20/01/2023 05.46 PM

A request for a new IRDS store can be made via the IT Service Desk using the New Data Store Request form available from the Institutional Research Data Store self-help page. New requests must be made and submitted by the intended owner of the Store. The IRDS is available to UWA Staff and Higher Degree by Research Students. Undergraduate Students can store their data on alternative University provided storage.

Once a store has been set up, further instructions will be sent regarding how it can be accessed via a mapped drive on your computer (Windows or Mac).

Further storage options are discussed in the University's Research Data Management Toolkit under Storage & Retention.

Was this answer helpful?