Harassment, where you feel offended, humiliated or intimidated is unacceptable at UWA.
Harassment may include threats, abuse, insults or taunts based on a person’s characteristics (e.g. sexual orientation, race, beliefs or preferences). If you believe you are being harassed or see someone else being harassed – don't wait, say something.
Racial, sexual or cultural harassment and discrimination on UWA campuses, buses and bus stops should be reported immediately to UWA Campus Security.
Reporting an incident:
- If you are away from campus and require immediate assistance, call Western Australian Police on 000
- If you are on campus and need immediate assistance call the UWA Security Emergency Number: 6488 2222 (this is available 24/7).
- If something has happened to you or if you have observed something happening to a student (e.g. threatening behaviour, sexual assault, harassment, bullying) on-campus, please complete this form.
- If you would like to talk someone about something you have experienced, get in touch with UWA Student Wellbeing or Guild Student Assist.
In an Emergency 24/7:
- UWA Security: 6488 2222 (on campus)
- WA Police: 000 (off campus)
- Sexual Assault Resource Centre: 1800 199 888
- UWA Medical Centre: 6488 2118, open Mon-Fri 8:30am to 5:00pm during semester, and 9:00am to 5:00pm during University holiday periods.
- UWA Counselling and Psychological Services: 6488 2423, open Mon-Fri 8:30am to 5:30pm.
- Guild Student Assist: 6488 2292, open Mon-Fri 8:30am to 5:00pm.
- Complaints Resolution Unit (CRU)
- The Sexual Assault Resource Centre provide a confidential counselling service to those over 12 years who have been sexually assaulted or abused either recently or in the past: (+61 8) 9340 1828
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Crisis Care: 9223 1111
- Mental Health Emergency Services: 1300 555 788
- Salvo Care: 9442 5777
Also available are the UWA policies on:
- Sexual harassment
- Prevention and resolution of bullying
- Racial harassment
- Code of Ethics and Conduct