Changing your course of study

Is it possible to change my course of study?

Changing your course is a fairly straightforward process that you can organise in conjunction with a Faculty Adviser. However, it requires some reflection on your part before doing anything:

  • What is it about your course that leads you to believe it is the wrong one?
  • Have you identified a course that you think is more suited to you?
  • Do you need 'time out'?

Think about these sorts of issues and then book an appointment to see your Faculty Adviser so that you can discuss things more fully. If a related problem for you is a lack of career direction then it might also be valuable to discuss things with a Careers Adviser. To book an appointment please call 6488 2258.

For undergraduates there are two transfer windows (periods of time) each academic year for current students to transfer to another eligible undergraduate course. Applications must be submitted online via the link on studentConnect.

For postgraduate students there is no transfer process. If you wish to change your course, you must successfully apply and enrol in the new course, and withdraw from your old course. We strongly recommend you talk to your Faculty Adviser.

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.