Types of gowns for graduates and graduands

What type of gown do I wear?

Graduands attending their UWA Graduation Ceremony must wear the correct academic dress and, in keeping with a formal occasion, are asked to wear neat business attire under their academic dress.

All graduands are required to wear a gown, a hood and a trencher cap (often referred to as a mortar board). Academic dress can be ordered through the UWA On-line Academic Dress Ordering Service supplied by GFP. Academic dress prices vary according to the award that is being conferred.

Was this answer helpful?