Multiple job offers
How do I handle multiple job offers?
Five tips on handling multiple job offers (Source):
- Ask for time to consider your offers. Most employers will allow you time to decide whether the offer is right or not for you.
- Look at your long term objectives – is this a company you want to be working for in five years time? Does it provide you with opportunities to advance your career, mobility or benefits compared to those another company can offer you? Draw up a list of pros and cons for each organisation.
- Who pays more? A higher paying salary is always an attractive incentive but it should not be your main motive for choosing one job over the other. The lower paying role could offer greater challenges or career advancement potential.
- Process of elimination. Is there a job you can easily eliminate that doesn't meet your career objectives?
- Communicate your intentions - advise the company you have chosen you will be accepting its job offer. Let the others know, in a professional manner, you have chosen to go with another offer but you were grateful for the opportunity.
Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.