Obtaining a visa for you and your guests to attend your graduation ceremony
Can I obtain a visa for myself and my guests to attend my graduation ceremony?
Once you have applied to graduate, and nominated to attend your ceremony, you can order a letter for visa purposes for assistance to remain in Australia (if you are applying for a visa to stay in Australia for your ceremony) or assistance to grant a visa (if you and/or your guests are applying for a visa to travel to Australia to attend your ceremony).
The letter is AUD$30 and you can receive it either by:
- Collecting it from Student Administration,
- Having it posted via registered post within Australia, (additional AUD$10 postage fee - total AUD$40)
- Having it emailed to your student email account (emails have an additional AUD$3 processing fee - total cost AUD$33)
- Having it couriered overseas (additional AUD$25 postage fee - total AUD$55)
There are two different request forms for the different letters, see below or visit the Current Students website.
- Assistance for Remaining in Australia Visa Letter Form - if you are applying for a visa to stay in Australia for your ceremony.
- Assistance for Granting of Visa Letter Form - If you and/or your guests are applying for a visa to travel to Australia to attend your ceremony.
You can submit your request form in person at Student Central or send it to the Graduations Team via Email Us.