Obtaining a visa for you and your guests to attend your graduation ceremony
Can I obtain a visa for myself and my guests to attend my graduation ceremony?
Once you have applied to graduate at a ceremony, you can order a letter for visa purposes. Depending on your situation you can request a letter for assistance to remain in Australia (if you are applying for a visa to stay in Australia for your ceremony) or assistance to grant a visa (if you and/or your guests are applying for a visa to travel to Australia to attend your ceremony).
The letter is $30 and you can receive it by:
- Collecting it from Student Administration,
- Emailed to your student email account
- Posted via registered post within Australia, (additional $10 postage fee - total $40)
- Couriered overseas (additional $25 postage fee - total $55)
There is a different request form for each letter, see the PDFs below:
- Assistance for Remaining in Australia Visa Letter Form - if you are applying for a visa to stay in Australia for your ceremony.
- Assistance for Granting of Visa Letter Form - If you and/or your guests are applying for a visa to travel to Australia to attend your ceremony.
You can submit your request form in person at Student Central or send it to the Graduations Team via Email Us.