You can work overseas with the right preparation. Working overseas is an exciting prospect but can be quite challenging. If you are fortunate to be recruited in Australia to work for an organisation overseas then much will be done for you. However, if you are applying from Australia it is a little more difficult. Some important initial steps you will need to take:
- Narrow down the nation/s where you would like to work.
- Find out the immigration entry requirements.
- Determine the types of work visas that are available and whether you are eligible.
Once you are certain you are eligible to work you can:
- Review advertised job vacancies in the main local newspaper.
- Look at Careers Centre web sites at local universities.
- Access other employment web sites or contact the Australian Government representative mission for the country in which you would like to work.
- Review Career Hub for web sites offering employment overseas.