Extending your CoE and applying for a new international student visa
How do I extend my CoE and apply for a new student visa?
Answer ID 2652 | Last updated on 27/06/2022 10.19 AM
You are responsible for applying for your CoE and applying for a new student visa , so it’s important you read all the information below and follow the steps. The University cannot issue visas or apply on your behalf.
To obtain a Course and CoE extension application form, download the PDF below or contact your Student Advising Office. Submit your request for an extension no more than eight weeks before your current CoE expiry date.
- Complete the application form digitally in the editable PDF, and download a copy of your current visa notice.
- Submit your application to your Student Advising Office from your UWA student address by using Email Us. Attach your completed application form and a copy of your current visa notice.
- You will receive confirmation from your Student Advising Office when your application has been received and whether or not they require any further information for your application.
- If approved, an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) will be sent to your UWA student email address.
- If you also need a new visa, extend your Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC) with Medibank. You can then get a Certificate of Insurance from your online Medibank account for your visa application.
- Use your new CoE to apply for a new student visa online through your Immi Account by logging in or creating an account. For more information on Immi Accounts, visit the Department of Home Affairs website.
If you are only applying for a CoE extension but your student visa is still valid, you don't need to give your new CoE to the Department of Home Affairs. Only give it to them if you are also applying for a visa extension.
For HDR students only:
If you need to extend your visa whilst you are still studying, please contact the GRSO regarding the process. If you require an extension of your visa after submitting your thesis for marking, please contact the Thesis Examinations Office to obtain a letter. This should be submitted to the Department of Home Affairs along with a supporting letter from your main supervisor.
- File Type pdf Course Extension Form_2021.pdf (137.42 KB)