Applying for Approved Leave from your course

How do I apply for Approved Leave?

Answer ID 266 | Last updated on 02/05/2022 03.38 PM

If you need to take some time off from your studies, you can apply for Approved Leave online via studentConnect. If you don't intend to study for a semester/trimester or more, you need to apply for Approved Leave or your enrolment will lapse and you may be discontinued from your course.

Student visa holders are normally only eligible for Approved Leave in exceptional circumstances and should contact the International Student Support team to discuss their circumstances.

To apply for Approved Leave:

  1. Log on to studentConnect using your UWA student ID number and Pheme password.
  2. Under the COURSE DETAILS menu, select 'Discontinuation/Approved Leave'
  3. Select your course and the time period of your leave.
  4. Submit your application.
If you have difficulty submitting your application Email Us to contact the team for help.
For details on Approved Leave, including links to the application dates, visit the Enrolment website and look for 'How to take time off'.
For advice on how Approved Leave may affect your study plan, contact your Student Advising Office.

Was this answer helpful?