Prestigious Scholarship - UWA Winthrop Leaders & UWA Fogarty Foundation Scholarship
UWA Winthrop Leaders & UWA Fogarty Foundation Scholarship
About the scholarship
Application Status: Open for commencement 2020
Applicable study: The University of Western Australia offer prestigious scholarships to attract senior secondary students who show significant academic potential, together with leadership ability and other outstanding achievements in year 11 and 12. We award a total of 20 UWA Winthrop Leaders & UWA Fogarty Foundation Scholarships annually.
Closing date: 26 May 2019 , midnight
Tenure: A maximum of eight semesters in cycle 1, plus an additional four semesters in cycle 2 towards postgraduate studies.
For: Assistance in studies and participation in a prestigious leadership program, offering a variety of opportunities for networking, public speaking, leadership development and more.
Number on offer: 20
Offer rate: per annum
Value: $10,000 cycle 1 $10,000 cycle 2
Eligibility to apply
To be eligible to apply, applicants are required to:
- be enrolled as a domestic student in Year 12 at a Western Australian secondary school at the time of the application;
- demonstrate outstanding academic achievements during Years 11 and 12, as well as demonstrated excellence in at least three areas of arts, community service, leadership, academia or sports;
- have a predicted minimum ATAR of 98 (or above) or 95 (or above) if you attended a Tier A Broadway UWA identified school; and
- nominate UWA as their first preference in the main round of TISC offers.
Submitting your application
- Applications open January to May each year.
- Your principal will be required to provide a 'School Principal's Endorsement Form' as evidence of support for your application for the scholarship. This form should outline your predicted ATAR based on your Year 11 results. Ensure that you provide this form to your school principal to fill out on your behalf.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview during the July school holidays and will be advised of the time and date in June.
- The scholarship is conditional upon achieving the required ATAR.
Step by step application process
Before starting your application, prepare your supporting documents detailing your achievements. Refer to the link below for a step by step guide to the application process:
Help and support
You can find answers to your questions about coursework scholarships and prizes on the University's online help askUWA
If you can't find the answer to your question, contact our Coursework Scholarships and Prizes Team Telephone: (+61 8) 6488 3834 or (+61 8) 6488 3736
Every effort has been made to ensure the information we have supplied is correct and up to date. However we strongly advise that you check the scholarship conditions you are applying for and any other information that is available, to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria for any application you might make, and that you understand the implications of any conditions, awarding value and closing dates.