University Hall - University Hall Outreach Bursary
University Hall Outreach Bursary
About the scholarship
Application Status: Closed
Applicable study: These bursaries are distributed to students living across the breadth of rural Western Australia, metropolitan Perth and surrounds, indigenous students, undergraduates and postgraduates.
Closing date: 18 February 2019, 10am
For: Assistance with accommodation
Number on offer: 19
Value: $2,190 each
These bursaries are distributed to students living across the breadth of rural Western Australia, metropolitan Perth and surrounds, indigenous students, undergraduates and postgraduates. The categories and areas are as follows:
- Postgraduate student: Domestic (2 bursaries)
- Indigenous student who does not qualify for Abstudy (1 bursary)
- Undergraduate student: Metropolitan Perth and surrounds (3 bursaries)
- Undergraduate student: Regional West Australia:
- Kimberley Region (2 bursaries)
- Pilbara Region (1 bursary)
- Mid-West Region (2 bursaries)
- Esperance Region (2 bursaries)
- Bunbury/Busselton/Margaret River Region (3 bursaries)
- Great Southern Region (2 bursaries)
- Goldfields Region (1 bursary)
- You must have received and accepted an offer to study at The University of Western Australia.
- You must have received and accepted an offer to live at University Hall.
- This bursary aims to recognise students who have shown commitment to personal development outside of their studies. It is the understanding of University Hall that such students will continue to engage in opportunities that seek continual personal growth and contribution to their community and University Hall. Furthermore these students have encountered educational disadvantage or financial hardship prior to coming to university. Therefore the following criteria must be evident throughout the application:
- Demonstrated holistic involvement and engagement whilst at school or in community across a number of areas including but not limited to sport, arts and culture, community service/volunteering, etc.
- Demonstrate educational disadvantage – Educational disadvantage includes, but is not limited to, distance, economic disadvantage, cultural differences, disability or ongoing medical conditions or responsibility for the care of children, the ill or the elderly. A medical practitioner’s report is required to support disability or ongoing medical conditions.
- Experiencing financial hardship - Financial hardship may be demonstrated by an applicant being in receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment (such as Youth Allowance, Austudy, etc.) or by submitting a statement of financial hardship.
- A willingness to contribute and be involved with the University Hall community.
- Complete application and attach any relevant documents that may support your submission.
- Email application and documents to email@example.com with the subject line being ‘University Hall Outreach Bursary’.
- Closing date of application: 10.00am on Monday, February 18, 2019.
- University Hall Scholarships website
Help and support
You can find answers to your questions about coursework scholarships and prizes on the University's online help askUWA.
Every effort has been made to ensure the information we have supplied is correct and up to date. However we strongly advise that you check the scholarship conditions you are applying for and any other information that is available, to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria for any application you might make, and that you understand the implications of any conditions, awarding value and closing dates.