Changing your citizenship or residency status

How do I change my citizenship or residency status?
Your citizenship/residency status is recorded on your UWA student record, based on the documentation you have provided.
If your citizenship status is wrong or has changed, you need to notify Student Administration at Student Central and provide documentation confirming your current status. Appropriate documents may include:
  • Citizenship certificate
  • New Passport
  • Birth Certificate
  • Visa grant notice
If you can't come to Student Administration to show us original documentation you can email us a full-colour scan of the original document (at the original size) using your student email address via Email Us.
Once the change has been processed, your status will be updated on studentConnect, effective from the date you submitted the documentation.

Was this answer helpful?