USI requirement for UWA students

Do I need a USI?

From 1 January 2021, new UWA students who are eligible will need a USI in order to qualify for Commonwealth assistance (Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) and/or HELP loan).

Generally you will be required to provide your USI through studentConnect at time of enrolment or before the unit census date relevant to the teaching period. For now please hold on your USI and we will let you know when studentConnect is ready to collect it.

All students studying onshore, completing their study in 2022 and graduating in 2023 will also be required to provide their USI prior to graduation. You can create a USI anytime between now and 2023.

Refer to the USI website for further information on when you will require a USI.

Was this answer helpful?