Seeing a counsellor urgently

What should I do if I need to see UWA counsellor urgently?

If you are experiencing severe symptoms or are in crisis you should attend an appointment with your family GP or the campus Medical Centre. A GP can assess your need for counselling and provide you with a Mental Health Care Plan or refer you to crisis services.

The UWA Counselling and Psychological Services are unable to guarantee same day appointments. You can contact the UWA Counselling and Psychological Services through our web page, or by calling us on 6488 2423 to arrange an appointment with a counsellor at the next availability.

If you have already commenced seeing one of our counsellors you can choose to call 6488 2423 to speak with them or you can email them directly about your concerns. If you are unable to attend an appointment with our service, our reception can provide you with a list of emergency contact telephone numbers.

Was this answer helpful?