Seeing a counsellor urgently

What should I do if I need to see UWA counsellor urgently?

If you are experiencing severe symptoms or are in crisis you should attend an appointment with your family GP or the campus Medical Centre. A GP can assess your need for counselling and provide you with a Mental Health Care Plan or refer you to crisis services.

In case of an emergency, you can fill out an Emergency Intervention Request form with Student Wellbeing Reception and a UWA Psychologist will assess your circumstances and get back to you as soon as possible. If you are unable to attend a triage or personal session with the service, you will be provided with a list of emergency contact telephone numbers.

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.