Eligibility requirements for an OS-HELP loan

Am I eligible for an OS-HELP loan?

To be eligible for an OS-HELP loan, you must:

  • be an Australian citizen or the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa;
  • have already completed and passed, as a Commonwealth supported student, units to the value of at least one EFTSL (48 credit points) in Australia that count towards the current course;
  • be an enrolled UWA Commonwealth supported student approved to undertake a period of overseas study which will be credited towards your current UWA course;
  • be studying on an approved exchange program, undertaking an overseas professional placement (clinical/industry/internship), fieldwork program or other course that will contribute as credit for the course in which you are currently enrolled at UWA and be outside Australia while undertaking that period of study or placement;
  • be in good standing with no encumbrances;
  • meet the Australian TFN requirements;
  • still have at least 0.125 EFTSL or 6 credit points to complete in your current UWA course on return from your overseas period (loans will not be considered in your final semester); and
  • not have received OS-HELP on more than one previous occasion, including from another higher education provider (individuals may only receive a maximum of 2 OS-HELP loans)

Note: Students pursuing independent overseas study can apply for OS-HELP provided that the overseas study will count towards your final result at UWA on your current course, you meet all other OS-HELP eligibility criteria and you have at least one unit to complete on your current UWA degree back in Australia after your overseas period. School approval is required.

Was this answer helpful?