Failing a unit

What do I do if I have failed a unit?

Answer ID 86 | Last updated on 04/08/2022 10.07 AM

If you have failed a unit you will need to adjust your study plan to complete your course. This may extend the time needed to complete your course or you may be able to make up the failed unit by taking a unit during the UWA Summer School or another non-standard teaching period. Your Student Advising Office is available to assist you.


If you are eligible for a supplementary assessment a grade of SG will show on studentConnect when you check your results. You can check the unit description in the Handbook to see whether supplementary assessment is available for the unit you failed.


If you believe there is an error in your final mark you can request a Stage 1 Review. A review must be submitted within 10 university working days from the day you received your final mark.

Was this answer helpful?