Resources for international research students
In addition to the support provided by your supervisory team, the Graduate Research School will also support you throughout your course. The FIRSTatUWA program - Facilitating International Research Students' Transition at UWA program – will assist you transition smoothly into your research studies with a face-to-face induction and a series of support emails throughout the first year of your candidature. There are also a wide range of induction materials and research training and resources provided by the Graduate Education Officers.
International research students can also access support from STUDYSmarter, the Library, the Centre for Applied Statistics, the UWA Guild and the UWA Postgraduate Student Association, and Student Central. The LACE friendship program also provides social support for you, your family and your friends.
Student Central offers a wide range of services:
- Airport reception and transfer to accommodation
- Assistance with arranging initial temporary accommodation
- A comprehensive orientation program which includes campus and city tours
- Advice on practical issues such as banking, shopping and transport
- Cultural adjustment, meeting other students and other matters about which you may have questions
- Ongoing welfare support
- Assistance with student visas and Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC)