Health cover requirements for UWA CELT students

Do I need health cover in Australia if I am a UWA CELT student?

If you are entering Australia on a student visa, health cover is mandatory. This can be arranged for you by the staff at UWA CELT. You will receive your medical membership card approximately 2 weeks after your arrival.

If you are entering Australia on a visitor or working holiday visa, you will not be covered by Australia’s Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). Therefore, we strongly recommend you arrange insurance cover for your stay in Australia.

Was this answer helpful?