Obtaining information about your HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP accumulated debt

Where can I get information about my HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP accumulated debt once it has been deferred to the ATO?

You can view your HELP debt and make voluntary repayments via myGov. To access this online service, please refer to the instructions on the ATO website or you can call the ATO on 13 28 61. You will have to advise the ATO of your tax file number (TFN) before they will disclose any personal information to you.

You can also get information from myUniAssist.

myUniAssist is a database that will help you keep track of how much Commonwealth assistance you have used (i.e. how much you have borrowed under the HELP scheme). It is important to note that myUniAssist does not provide your current HELP balance, does not include debts incurred pre-2005 (including those under the former HECS, OLDPS, PELS and BOTPLS schemes), nor will it show any HELP repayments you have made.

There is a time lag between the census date and when your information on myUniAssist gets updated, so to work out your current balance, you may need to add any units you have recently enrolled/are currently enrolled in to the total shown on myUniAssist.


Was this answer helpful?