Changing your name on your enrolment

I did not enrol under my full/current name. How do I change it?

The University needs your full legal name recorded and spelled correctly on your enrolment.

If you need to change the way that your name is recorded, you can provide one of the following original documents in person at Student Administration at Student Central:

  • Change of Name certificate from the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages;
  • Marriage Certificate;
  • Birth Certificate; or
  • Current Passport showing your full name.

If you can't come to Student Administration to show us original documentation you can send us an original certified copy OR send us a full-colour scan of the original document (at the original size) via Email Us.

You will also need to surrender your UWA Campus Card, so a new one (with your correct name) can be printed by Student Administration.

Once the change has been processed, your new name will appear on studentConnect, your Academic Record and your degree certificate.

Your preferred name, if different to your official legal name, will not be shown on official University documents.

NOTE: normally, the University's Statutes do not allow your names, as they appear on your certificate, to be altered or amended once your award has been conferred.

Was this answer helpful?