Changing your name on your certificate

How do I change my name on my certificate?

I haven't graduated yet
If you have not yet had your award conferred (graduated), update your name on your student record before applications to graduate close: 
  • If your name is spelt incorrectly, or part of your name needs to be added, deleted or changed 
    Come to Student Administration, Student Central with either your original Passport, Birth Certificate, Change of Name Certificate or Marriage Certificate. The team will update your name on the spot for you. If you're interstate or overseas send an original certified copy of your document(s) to the Graduations Team: M356 Student Administration, 35 Stirling Highway Crawley, WA 6009.
  • If your name is missing accents 
    Send the Graduations Team an email via Email Us confirming how your name should appear with accents. Your name will only appear on your certificate with accents.
  • If your name has incorrect capitalisation, spacing, or hyphens 
    Send the graduations team an email via Email Us confirming how your name should appear
It's important to take action as soon as possible, once your award has been conferred, your name can only be changed in limited circumstances. If you have any questions about how your name is displayed or you are concerned you will not be able to submit your documents on time, contact the Graduations Team for advice via Email Us.
I have already graduated 
If you have changed your name after graduating from UWA, we can update your name so you can order a Statement of Academic Record and/or Statement of Qualifications in your new name. Your award certificate that has been conferred (graduated) cannot be reissued in a different name. If you have changed your name and undergone a gender reassignment, we can reissue your documents free of charge.
Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.