How to fix an INVALID unit

Why do I have an INVALID unit, how do I fix it?

If any of your units have an INVALID status when you enrol on studentConnect, it may be due to one of the following:
You have not fulfilled the pre-requisite required to study the unit
A unit may have pre-requisite conditions to ensure you have the base level of knowledge required to undertake the unit. If you have not fulfilled the pre-requisite you should delete the unit from your enrolment via studentConnect or apply for Special Approval to your Student Advising Office. Some level 1 units have secondary school subjects as prerequisites (for example, ATAR Chemistry or equivalent). If you have fulfilled the pre-requisite and provided your secondary school results when applying to UWA, your Advising Student Office will waive the invalid for you.
You are not permitted to take the unit in your current course
You should delete the unit from your enrolment via studentConnect, or if you believe you have grounds to take this unit, then you may apply for Special Approval to your Student Advising Office.
You need to satisfy other conditions to study the unit
Some units have additional requirements that need to be fulfilled before the INVALID can be waived. For example, students enrolled in coursework dissertation units may need to confirm with their Student Advising Office that they have secured a dissertation supervisor.
Your qualifications are not recorded on studentConnect
Your qualifications may not be recorded on studentConnect if:
Your unit for the coming semester is invalid because you are sitting a deferred exam for the current semester pre-requisite unit
Your Advising Student Office will waive the INVALID once you have passed your deferred exam. If you do not pass your deferred exam, you will need to contact your Student Advising Office for advice.
There is a quota (limited number of places) for the unit
Your Student Advising Office will contact you if you have a place in the unit.

What to do if your unit is INVALID:
  • attend lectures, laboratories, tutorials and other classes until you have received advice from your Student Advising Office. INVALID units are normally followed up automatically by your Student  Advising Office and you will be contacted (via your student email account) and advised whether you can continue with the unit, or if you need to choose a different unit, and
  • register for classes via the Class Allocation System (CAS).
If you change your mind and do not want to enrol in the INVALID unit then you can you can delete the unit from your enrolment via studentConnect.
Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.