Unable to enrol
Why can't I enrol?
Answer ID 2242 | Last updated on 31/10/2022 02.15 PM
There are a number of reasons you may not be able to enrol, these include:
- An outstanding debt to the University, or encumbrance. This is the most common reason for not being able to enrol. Information on how to pay your encumbrance can be found on studentConnect (Select 'Encumbrances' under FINANCE in the left hand menu). If the unpaid debt is a library fine you will need to contact the Reid Library or Barry J Marshall Library to have this encumbrance lifted. You may need to wait up to five days to enrol after your encumbrance is lifted.
- The enrolment or re-enrolment deadline has passed. You must enrol or re-enrol within the deadlines (published on our Current Students' website). If you miss the deadline you may be required to pay a late fee to restore your access. A message will display on studentConnect, if this applies to you.
- Units are not available for online enrolment. Some units may not be available for online enrolment due to quota/venue restrictions or other reasons. Refer to your Student Advising Office for advice on whether your unit is available for online enrolment. You may be able to enrol in the unit manually via a Change of Enrolment form (available from your Student Advising Office).
- You are on Approved Leave from your course. If you are on Approved Leave you will not have access to re-enrol during the period of your leave. You can still enrol in teaching periods that fall outside the dates of your leave. If you wish to cancel your Approved Leave early and re-enrol, contact your Student Advising Office with your request, either in person or via Email Us.
- You have been discontinued from your course. If you have not been enrolled in your course or been on Approved Leave for a semester or more, then your enrolment may have been discontinued (lapsed). To return to study you will need to apply for admission.
- You have completed your course. If you have met the requirements for your degree or completed the maximum number of credit points, you will not be able to add more units to your record on studentConnect. If you need additional units for a specific reason (for example, accreditation purposes), then contact your Student Advising Office to lodge a Special Approval application.