Unable to enrol
Why can't I enrol?
There are a number of reasons you may not be able to enrol, these include:
- An outstanding debt to the University, or encumbrance. This is the most common reason for not being able to enrol. Information on how to pay your encumbrance can be found on studentConnect (Select 'Encumbrances' under PROFILE in the left hand menu). If the unpaid debt is a library fine you will need to contact the Reid Library or Barry J Marshall Library to have this encumbrance lifted. You may need to wait up to five days to enrol after your encumbrance is lifted.
- The enrolment or re-enrolment deadline has passed. You must enrol or re-enrol within the deadlines (published on our Current Students' website). If you miss the deadline you may be required to pay a late fee to restore your access. A message will display on studentConnect, if this applies to you.
- Units are not available for online enrolment. Some units may not be available for online enrolment due to quota/venue restrictions or other reasons. Refer to your Faculty Student Office for advice on whether your unit is available for online enrolment. You may be able to enrol in the unit manually via a Change of Enrolment form (available from your Faculty).
- You are on Approved Leave from your course. If you are on Approved Leave you will not have access to re-enrol during the period of your leave. You can still enrol in teaching periods that fall outside the dates of your leave. If you wish to cancel your Approved Leave early and re-enrol, contact your Faculty Student Office with your request or select "Email Us".
- You have been discontinued from your course. If you have not been enrolled in your course or on a period of Approved Leave for a semester or more your enrolment may have been discontinued (lapsed). To return to study you will need to re-apply for admission. Please contact Admissions for further information.
- You have completed your course. If you have met the requirements for your degree and completed the maximum number of credit points, you will not be able to add more units to your record on studentConnect. If you need additional units for a specific reason (for example accreditation purposes), then contact your Faculty Student Office to lodge a Special Approval application.
Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.