Adding units to your enrolment

How do I add a unit to my enrolment?

You can add unit/s to your enrolment online via studentConnect up to the end of week 2 of Semester 1 or Semester 2.

Notenon-standard teaching periods also have their own teaching period datesPlease check the important dates for your enrolled teaching periods.

Process to add a unit online:

  1. Log on to studentConnect
  2. Under the 'ENROLMENT' menu select 'Online Enrolment and Change of Enrolment'
  3. Choose 'Select your units'
  4. Type your unit code in the 'Get Unit' box and press 'Enter' or use the Advanced Search option to search via unit title or keyword
  5. Select the unit and semester in which you wish to study
  6. Repeat this process for each unit you wish to add
  7. Select 'Proceed to Check out'
  8. Select 'Finish Online Enrolment'

Check your enrolment by selecting 'Confirmation' or 'Course and Unit' under your 'ENROLMENT' menu options. You will have the option of viewing a PDF Confirmation of Enrolment.

The Class Allocation System (CAS) and Learning Management System (LMS) should automatically sync with any changes you make on studentConnect, within 24 hours of enrolling via studentConnect.

Below are reasons why you cannot add units online via studentConnect.

Adding a unit after the end of week 2

In exceptional circumstances, and only with the formal approval of your faculty, you may be permitted to add a unit after the closing date. You must:

  1. Ask your unit coordinator and student adviser to sign a Special Approval form.
  2. Present your signed Special Approval form to Student Administration. Pay the $50 late fee to the cashier to obtain a Change of Enrolment Form.
  3. Fill out, sign and lodge your Change of Enrolment form at Student Administration or your Faculty.

Please refer to our website for further information on how to change your enrolment, including adding a unit late.

There are a few reasons why you may not be able to add units online via studentConnect. Please check them to see if they apply to you:

Not re-enrolled
You can only make changes to your enrolment online if you have successfully re-enrolled for the current academic year by the deadline. You will see a message on studentConnect if you have missed the deadline and you may need to pay a late fee.

Last date to add a unit passed
You can only add units online up until the 'last date to add a unit' for the teaching period. To add units late you must have Special Approval from your Faculty Adviser. If approval is granted you will need to enrol via a Change of Enrolment form (available from your Student Advising Office).

Cross Institutional, Exchange or Study Abroad Students
Cross-institutional or Study Abroad/Student Exchange students can't make changes to their UWA enrolment online (this includes units with the prefix: ENRL or EXCH). You will need to change your enrolment manually via a Change of Enrolment form (available from your Student Advising Office in person or via Email Us).

Unit not available for online enrolment
Some units may not be available for online enrolment due to quota/venue restrictions or other reasons. Refer to your Student Advising Office for advice on whether your unit is available for online enrolment. You may be able to enrol in the unit manually via a Change of Enrolment form (available from your Student Advising Office in person or via Email Us).

If none of the reasons above apply, please contact us via Email Us and we will investigate for you.

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.