Overseas requirements for Bachelor of Philosophy (Hons) students

Do I have to spend time overseas if I am a Bachelor of Philosophy (Hons) student?

Answer ID 2349 | Last updated on 17/01/2023 12.39 PM

You are required to complete a period of exchange/study abroad as a Bachelor of Philosophy (Hons) student. You are encouraged to have a global focus. The requirement can be met by a semester long exchange, an overseas research placement or a short term study abroad program. These can be face-to-face or virtual (online) programs. Cross-institutional enrolments within Australia do not count towards this requirement.
For example:
  • If you spend a semester on student exchange studying in Italy, you have met your exchange requirement.
  • If you are accepted into a summer program at a university in the United States, you have met your overseas requirement.
  • If you undertake a virtual research internship with a university in Hong Kong over the winter period, you have met your exchange requirement.

Was this answer helpful?