Extending your international student visa

How do I extend my student visa?

To extend your visa, you will need to contact Department of Home Affairs. (The Department of Home Affairs does not have an email address; you must use the online web form to submit your enquiry.)

Note: the simplified student visa framework (SSVF) comes into effect on 1 July 2016. As part of this new program, all student visa applications need to be lodged online via your ImmiAccount. Further information is available under the changes to the student visa program section on the Department of Home Affairs website. You will most likely need a new Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE) to include with your extension application. You can see us in person at Student Administration or "Email Us" to find out if you need to complete a Request to Extend Course Application.

The Student Administration team are here to support you but are unable to provide advice on visa eligibility, application status or your right to stay in Australia.

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.