How to re-enrol if you are a research student

I am a research student, how do I re-enrol?

The way you re-enrol depends on the type of research degree you are studying.

Candidates in Higher Degree by Research (PhD, some doctorates and Masters by Research) courses administered by the Graduate Research School (GRS).
If you are enrolled in a PhD, Doctor of Musical Arts, Doctor of Architecture (Design) or a Masters by Research degree and submit all the milestones for the academic year by their due dates and have no outstanding debts to the University, then you will be automatically re-enrolled for the next academic year.

Automatic re-enrolment will not proceed where outstanding milestones or outstanding financial encumbrances such as fines, debts or charges exist.

If you miss the automatic re-enrolment, you will be required to submit the outstanding milestone to the Graduate Research School and/or pay the outstanding financial encumbrance and the late re-enrolment fee online via studentConnect or in person at Student Administration. Please forward the receipt for this payment to your Candidature Officer at GRS. The Graduate Research School will assess whether you can be re-enrolled.

Candidates in a Combined/PhD program
If you are enrolled in a Combined/PhD program, then please manually enrol for the coursework component online via studentConnect. You cannot be automatically re-enrolled because of the requirement to nominate coursework units.

Candidates in a Higher Degree by Research Preliminary course
If you are enrolled in Higher Degree by Research Preliminary course, then please manually enrol online via studentConnect.

For further information on Automatic Re-enrolment please refer to the Current Students' website or contact the Graduate Research School.

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.