Graduating from one degree of a combined course

I am enrolled in a combined course and I have completed the course requirements for one of my courses; can I graduate with that award before completing the combined course?

Answer ID 523 | Last updated on 30/01/2023 01.30 PM

If you are enrolled in a combined course you cannot graduate from one component of your course (even if you have already completed it) until you complete all of the course requirements for your combined degree.

This means, if you wish to graduate from your combined course and receive all your degrees, you must wait until you have completed all courses that are part of your combined degree.

If you do not intend to complete your combined course and want to graduate from the course you have already completed, you can apply for an Alternative Exit.

To find out more about Alternative Exits, refer to the University Rules in the UWA Handbook.

To apply for an Alternative Exit from your course download the Alternative Exit - Combined Courses Only form.

Note: If you apply for an Alternative Exit, you will not be permitted to re-enrol in your combined course to finish the other degree/s.

Was this answer helpful?