Requesting books and other physical items from the Library
Can I request books and other physical items from the Library?
Answer ID 663 | Last updated on 09/02/2022 03.09 PM
There are a number of request options available to University Library members, including requesting items on the shelf and items on loan. Sign into OneSearch to see your requesting options for individual items.
Where can I pick up my requested item?
When requesting physical items (loans) from the UWA collection or through Get It, there are a number of different delivery options depending on your user group.
- For most students you will need to nominate one of the UWA Libraries as your collection point.
- For staff based on campus or in the metro area, you have the additional option to request items to be sent to your work/office address. This will add 1 to 2 days to the delivery time.
- For regional postgraduate students and staff, you have the option to request items to be sent to your home address via Express Post. This will usually take 2 to 3 days if the item is available.
- For Albany undergraduate students, you will need to select Albany Centre as a pickup location. Items are checked out to you and sent to the Albany Centre for you to collect. This will usually take 2 to 3 days if the item is available.
- If you request a book that is on loan, the request may take a week or more as the item will need to be returned by the borrower who has the item.
- If you request a book that is on the shelf, the item is collected overnight and placed on the hold shelf for you the next day.
- If you request a book to be moved from one library to another library this may take 1 to 2 days to go through the UWA mail system before being placed on the hold shelf for you.
- Requested items on the hold shelf are held for 4 days. If you are unable to pick up your requested item in time please contact the Library, as we may be able to extend the pickup period. If another user has also requested the item, your loan will be restricted to 3 days to allow equitable access to the item.