Determining your eligibility for a Commonwealth Supported Place

Am I eligible for a Commonwealth Supported Place?

Answer ID 145 | Last updated on 04/11/2022 02.22 PM

The University of Western Australia offers a limited number of Commonwealth Supported Places to commencing students.

To be eligible for a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) you must be:

  • To get a CSP, you must be one of the following:

    • be an Australian citizen, who will complete some of your course of study while resident in Australia; or
    • a New Zealand citizen; or an Australian permanent visa holder; or an eligible former permanent humanitarian visa holder; who studies the entire course while living in Australia
  • have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) prior to the first census date (for new enrolments from 1 January 2021)
  • have sufficient Student Learning Entitlement available (for new enrolments from 1 January 2022)
  • meet the completion rate requirements (for new enrolments from 1 January 2022)
  • not undertake more than 2 years' worth of higher education study within 12 months (unless your provider has approved you to take on more).
who will live and study in Australia for the duration of your course; 

AND you must also:

  • Apply and accept an offer into a CSP course; and
  • Submit an electronic 'Request for a Commonwealth supported place and HECS-HELP loan' form (eCAF) before the earliest unit census date for your course of study. You will normally be required to complete an eCAF as part of your online enrolment on studentConnect. You can also access the form under the Finance menu on studentConnect. 

Further information about eligibility for Commonwealth Supported Places is available from the Study Assist website.

Was this answer helpful?