Study Modes explained
What does the study ‘mode’ mean for my units?
UWA is now offering units in a variety of modes which students can choose when enrolling via studentConnect. The definitions below will assist with your study mode selection:
- Face to face: Predominantly face-to-face. On campus attendance required to complete this unit. May have accompanying resources online.
- Online flexible: 100% Online Unit. NO campus face-to-face attendance is required to complete this unit. All study requirements are online only. Unit is asynchronous delivery, with NO requirement for students to participate online at specific times.
- Online timetabled (Online-TT): 100% Online Unit. NO campus face-to-face attendance is required to complete this unit. All study requirements are online only. Unit includes some synchronous components, with a requirement for students to participate online at specific times.
- External: No attendance or regular contact is required, and all study requirements are completed either via correspondence and/or online submission.
- Off-campus: Regular attendance is not required, but students attends the institution face to face on an agreed schedule for purposes of supervision and/or instruction.
- Multi-mode: Multiple modes of delivery. Unit includes a mix of online and on-campus study requirements. On campus attendance for some activities is required to complete this unit.
If you have already selected a mode and would like to change your preference, please read: Changing my study mode
If you're an international student who is overseas and you have a query about your study plan and online units, contact your Student Advising Office.