Changing courses and your Commonwealth Assistance Form

If I change my course of study or my provider, do I need to fill out a new Commonwealth Assistance Form?

Answer ID 163 | Last updated on 03/11/2021 10.02 AM

If you change your course of study (and therefore have a new course code) or changed provider, you must fill out a new electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF) and supply your Tax File Number by the census date

An application made for one course does not apply to any other course you may undertake, including honours. If you change your course of study or change provider and do not complete a new Request for Commonwealth Support and HECS-HELP before the relevant census date your enrolment will be cancelled.

If you fail to fill out a new form you cannot be allocated a Commonwealth Supported Place. If this happens you will be required to pay full fees.

Was this answer helpful?