Fee options for newly granted permanent residents of Australia

I have been granted permanent residency (PR), what are my fee options?

Answer ID 169 | Last updated on 04/11/2022 03.30 PM

Your fee options will depend upon the course of study you are undertaking.

Undergraduate Students
If you are enrolled in an undergraduate degree you will be placed in a Commonwealth Supported Place. These places are subsidised by the Commonwealth Government but they do attract a student contribution payment for the units in which you are enrolled. You must pay your student contribution in full for each unit by the unit census date. Permanent humanitarian visa holders and eligible former permanent humanitarian visa holders can access both a CSP and a HELP loan if they meet the residency requirements.

Postgraduate Students
If you are enrolled in a postgraduate fee-paying place you will now be charged as a domestic student. You must pay your fees in full for each unit by the unit census date.

You are only entitled to FEE-HELP assistance if you are the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa and will be resident in Australia for the duration of the unit(s) in which you are enrolled.

Was this answer helpful?