GPA and WAM when returning to a previous course

If I re-enrol in a course, will my previous units be included in my Grade Point Average (GPA) and Weighted Average Mark (WAM)?

All units completed under the same course (with the same course code) will be included in the GPA and WAM for that course. So, if you return to a course that you discontinued or transferred from, in which you completed units (even some years ago), these will be included in the GPA and WAM calculation, along with any units you complete in the future.

If you enrol in a different course (not a transfer) or a new version of the course (i.e. with a different course code) only units completed under the new course code will be included in your GPA and WAM for your new course.

Transfer students
If you officially 'transfer' courses you may be eligible for Duplicate Unit Credit, which means any credit you received for units completed in your previous course will be transferred as Duplicate Units. The results for Duplicate Units are included in the GPA and WAM for your new course.

Your formal Academic Record will show all courses that you have attempted at UWA, even those that you have not completed or discontinued. For each course, you will see the list of units that you attempted and the corresponding result or withdrawal code.
Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.