What you can and can't bring into an exam
What can and can't be brought into an exam?
You must take your UWA Student Campus Card to all examinations and place it on your desk.
You CAN Take To Your Examination:
- Transparent pencil cases or bag - should only contain writing implements required to complete an exam.
- Calculators - approved models only with 'UWA approved stickers'.
- Mobile phones may be taken into the exam venue but must be switched off prior to entrance and left in your bag or underneath your desk.
- Bottled water only - in a transparent plastic bottle. Labels to be removed prior to entering the exam venue.
At the beginning of each examination you will be warned about unauthorised materials and given the opportunity to surrender materials in your possession without penalty.
You CANNOT Take To Your Examination:
- Loose notes or papers
- Textbooks or course notes
- Personal Organisers
- Laptop Computers
- Audio Equipment
- Smart Watches
- Any electronic item with an internet connection
If you have an Open-Book examination, your lecturer should have indicated to you which materials are permitted.
You must take particular notice of the following examination regulations:
Your mobile phone must be switched off prior to entering an examination venue. It should be placed underneath your desk at all times.
Your calculator, if permitted, is not to be used during reading time.
Personal belongings including your bag may be taken into all venues. It must be stored at the front or rear of the venue as directed.
Please do not leave your bag/valuables etc outside examination venues. These items are your responsibility and the University does not take responsibility for any losses.