What you can and can't bring into an exam
What can and can't be brought into an exam?
You must take your UWA Student Campus Card, valid drivers license or passport to all examinations and place it on your desk.
Check the Allowable item(s) for the current examination period. This report outlines all approved materials for your exam relative to the format (e.g. open book), including whether use of an approved calculator is permitted.
You CAN take into Examinations:
- Transparent pencil cases or bag - should only contain writing implements required to complete an exam.
- Mobile phones may be taken into the exam venue but must be switched off prior to entrance and left in your bag or face up underneath your desk.
- Bottled water only - in a transparent bottle. Labels to be removed prior to entering the exam venue.
- Calculators - approved models only with 'UWA approved stickers'. For online examinations, you must have a calculator from the approved list, however it does NOT need an approved sticker.
At the beginning of each examination you will be warned about unauthorised materials and given the opportunity to surrender materials in your possession without penalty.
You CANNOT take into Examinations:
- Non-transparent pencil cases
- Calculator cases
- Caps, hats, wallets
- Loose notes or papers, including blank scrap paper for notes.
- Textbooks or course notes
- Personal organisers
- Laptop computers
- Audio equipment
- Smart watches or digital watches
- iPods or MP3/4 players
- Any electronic item with an INTERNET CONNECTION, ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION/ STORAGE DEVICE OR DIGITAL FACILITY
You must take particular notice of the following examination regulations:
- Your mobile phone must be switched off prior to entering an examination venue. It should be placed face up underneath your desk at all times.
- Personal belongings including your bag may be taken into all venues. It must be stored underneath your chair.
Do not leave your bag/valuables etc. outside examination venues. These items are your responsibility and the University does not take responsibility for any losses.
The University’s exam rules above have been adapted for online exams. Please familiarise yourself with the rules in advance of sitting your exam and what you can have with you during your online exams. nbsp;
Allowable item(s) which have been specified as being allowed in the current examination period is available two weeks before the beginning of the exam period.
Use of the Internet outside of accessing and completing your paper on LMS is prohibited.